TURKEY ARTICHOKE RECIPE
Try this great Artichoke recipe. The pie crust is made of brown rice and spinach. The filling includes turkey, mushrooms, artichokes, cheese, and spices. It's a meal in a pie. Feel free to substitute chicken for the turkey.
Artichoke Recipes Ingredients:
* 1 bunch fresh spinach (or 1 package frozen spinach)
* 2 cups white or brown rice, cooked
* 4 tablespoons butter
* 10 small artichokes, cooked and prepared as artichoke hearts (or 1 package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed)
* 1-1/2 cups turkey, chopped
* 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
* 1/4 pound mushrooms
* 2 tablespoons flour
* 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
* 1 cup milk
* Salt and pepper to taste
ARTICHOKE RECIPES INSTRUCTIONS
Cook spinach, then drain well, pressing out all liquid. Combine spinach with rice. Mix in 2 tablespoons soft butter and press rice mixture evenly over bottom and sides of well greased 9-inch pie pan. Cover and chill up to an hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut cooked artichokes into 2 to 3 pieces or blot dry packaged artichoke hearts, then cut each into 2 to 3 pieces and arrange over rice crust. Top with turkey and cheese.
In skillet over medium heat melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add mushrooms and saute till golden. Stir in flour, curry powder, and garlic powder, and cook until bubbly, then add prepared
mustard and milk and stir until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour sauce over pie and bake 40 minutes or until pie is hot and cheese is bubbly. Serve with spiced peaches or apples as a condiment if desired. The artichoke recipe is ready to serve...great taste !