- 18 baguette bread slices, cut on the diagonal about 1/4-inch thick
- Extra-Virgin olive oil
- 2 jars (6 to 6 1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (preferably Parmigiano-Reggiano)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces creamy goat cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Brush baguette slices on both sides with olive oil and place them on a baking sheet. Bake slices until just crisp, about 3 minutes a side. Remove from oven and leave on baking sheet. (Bread can be toasted 3 hours ahead; cover loosely with foil and leave at room temperature.)
Drain artichokes, reserving about 2 tablespoons of the oil they were packed in, and place them in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Add reserved 2 tablespoons liquid, 1/2 cup of the parsley, Parmesan cheese, and several grindings of black pepper. Process, pulsing machine, until mixture is a coarse puree. (Puree can be prepared 3 hours ahead; cover and leave at cool room temperature.)
When ready to serve, spread each bread slice with a mound of artichoke puree and top with some crumbled goat cheese.
When ready to eat, bake until cheese is melted and bruschetta are warm, approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Sprinkle bruschetta with black pepper and some of the remaining parsley. Serve warm on a platter. The artichoke recipe is ready to serve...great ! Enjoy !