BABY ARTICHOKE CHICKEN SAUTÉ
A nice artichoke recipe to try !
- 16 California baby artichokes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 half chicken breasts, skinned, boned and cut into chunks
- 2 red or yellow onions, sliced thick
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon each chopped fresh basil and rosemary or 1 teaspoon each dried basil and rosemary, crushed
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 pound fettuccine, cooked and drained
Prepare artichokes as directed for Baby Artichokes (see Basic Preparation); cut into halves. Brown chicken in large skillet with 2 tablespoons oil; remove from pan and set aside. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil and sauté onions until tender. Add artichokes to skillet with garlic, basil and rosemary. Cook until artichokes are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in browned chicken and drizzle with chicken broth; heat through. Salt and pepper to taste, if desired. The artichoke recipe is ready to serve over hot fettuccine.